Re: [OM] OM-1 cleaning information requested / Gunk in viewfinder

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 cleaning information requested / Gunk in viewfinder
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 17:13:26 -0400
Unless you replace the pentaprism (which is a solid block of glass) you will
have to make do with scraping the old foam/paint/silver off the affected
areas of the prism, and cleaning with alcohol uintil the open glass areas
are less objectional when you look through the finder.
Once they are cleaned the uncoated areas will still reflect light as if
plated.  A black ring will show around the perimeter of the area where the
paint and silver were removed.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Ln.  Huntington NY 11743-4714