Re: [OM] Kinda OT, but....Ilford Cibachrome? Slides? Anyone?

Subject: Re: [OM] Kinda OT, but....Ilford Cibachrome? Slides? Anyone?
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 00:07:44 EDT
david_bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I've found that neg prints and Ilfochrome prints are almost different
 media -- akin to color vs b&w. >>

         Ilford also makes a reversal version of Ilfochrome for use in
producing archival prints from normal negative material. The disadvantage is,
it is it seems even harder to find retail than classic and it is harder to
visualize the correct color balance since you have no "well balanced"
original as standard. I have only used Cibachrome/Ilfochrome classic but
believe they also make a lower contrast version.

Regards,