Re: [OM] Not BIG polaroids but BIG pinholes

Subject: Re: [OM] Not BIG polaroids but BIG pinholes
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:20:13 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 JEZ.CUNNINGHAM@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> If you are able to visit the Royal Photographic Society HQ in Bath,
> (England) you'll see the results of using a 'wheelie bin" as a pinhole
> camera.  (A wheelie bin is a big domestic trash container - but probably
> not big enough for Doris to dive in!)   They lined the inside with BIG
> sheets of regular photographic paper and exposed through a hole in the
> side.  Makes a great sort of panoramic / fisheye negative image.

They?  ITYM "he".  His name's Justin Quinnel.  Interestingly, he's also
a keen cyclist and works for Sustrans, who have just officially opened
their nationwide cycle track network.  He tends to use Nikon for 35mm,
though.

Also interestingly (vaguel OM content here) he manages the band whose
bass player is depicted in my gallery entry, which was, of course taken
with a -2SP.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |