[OM] Newbie Comments and Choosing Olympus

Subject: [OM] Newbie Comments and Choosing Olympus
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:05:27 EDT
Ellis,
 I'd have to disagree with your leader in several aspects...I can't argue
with him about it being costly, as i don't know how hard it is to find nor
how costly the OM goodies are in the UK. However, here in the US used
bargains are around if you can take your time for the hunt. I do believe he
was in error in saying it cost more than the older Canon and Nikon series.
The opposite has been my experience. His fears of the system eventually being
phased out are furtively pushed to the rear of many of our minds, altho i
feel reassured by the fact that, after all these 27 years, there are a LOT of
used Oly items wandering the earth. It would be quite a while before none
were to be found! Of course, with rarity comes higher value and higher prices
(she says gleefully, pulling all her Oly goodies in tight for a hug..)
Since you didn't state where you are from, I can only encourage you to seek
out your photog shops, pawn shops, eBay, FS messages on this list, want ads,
you name it...they are all around us. I would definitiely purchase an OM1 and
then add an OM2 as soon as possible. Grab any and all Zuikos you can afford
as the quality is outstanding. Enjoy the light weight and the beautiful
engineering. And remember us when your prints make you famous.

Susan Steele
Amherst, VA USA