RE: [OM] Re: Multicoating

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Multicoating
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 20:33:38 PDT
Depends on the individual. When I was active in 10-meter airgunning I tried heavier rifles and pistols but always returned to lighter airguns. The heavier stuff wore me out sooner, which offset any advantage the weight might have given. Same with cameras and lenses, for me.

Give me a benchrest or a tripod, tho', and everything changes.

Lex
===

From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>

What make a 135/2.8 + 2X-A more 'handholdable' than the 300/4.5? Is the 300 really heavy enough to be tiring in use?

...I would think that the greater mass of the 300 would reduce the speed of image shake, compared to the lighter 135 + 2X-A, and give a better picture..

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx