Re: [OM] Greetings from the garage

Subject: Re: [OM] Greetings from the garage
From: BriarPipes@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:36:57 EDT
On Monday of this week I shared my too-good-to-be-true OM find: an OM4T with
T32 flash and coiled TTL cord at an obscure, upstate NY camera shop site--all
for 120 smackeroos (USD).  I bought these items sight unseen; even the owner
had to think for a moment if they were still in inventory.  He offered a ten
day return policy.  So I thought, why not; for after all, we're dead a long
time.

The parcel arrived.  I opened it with a sense of near dread.  My apprehension
was totally unfounded.  Although the T32 lacks the calculator panel, it is as
clean as any used flash I've seen anywhere.  The OM4T is in Excellent
condition as described on the site; a nugatory scratch on the bottom plate
and incidental brassing just above the OLY name.  Super clean.  I flipped the
switch to battery check and it shut itself off within 30 seconds.  Whew!

Even my beloved wife merely rolled her eyes heavenward when I told her of my
purchase initially, instead of banishing me to the garage.  When I informed
her of the terrific condition of the parcel she sounded almost joyful.

Life is good.  Perhaps I'll offer a report on the photos taken by this rig,
next week.

James Lawson
Et semel emissum volat irrevocabile verbum.