Re: [OM] jpeg2000

Subject: Re: [OM] jpeg2000
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 08:18:07 -0400
At 11:32 PM -0700 6/28/00, Lex wrote:

I wish wavelet compression would catch on. My preferred image editor, Corel Photo-Paint 8, can create wavelets. Problem is, hardly anyone on the web can view them without special utilities. Maybe in a couple-three years.

Luckily, it's called JPEG2000 for a reason. It's the new standard for
image compression. So support should indeed be coming in a couple years.
(It takes more computing horsepower to compress the images, so it may
be longer before, say, digital cameras produce jpeg2000 images directly.)

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx