[OM] UK novice needs simple flash advice please

Subject: [OM] UK novice needs simple flash advice please
From: "Tony Halmarack" <tony.halmarack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 21:11:01 +0100
I have an OM-1n camera that an enthusiast friend recommended as my first step in
photography several years ago. I've been a long time getting to step two and
it's a small one at that.
I'm only just beginning to have some understanding of the manual settings and
the camera is currently in for repair, as I fumbled and dropped it during a
recent eclipse. So, perhaps from this you can  understand my level of
in-expertise.

I'm taking my wife and daughters to a music festival in a month's time. A lot of
the activities will take place in the late evening and I think a flash will be a
big help. I've searched the list archive and there's quite a lot of info there
but it's very mathematical.
Can anyone please advice me on a flash system the will be suitable for general
purpose outdoor use please? I imagine it will be used for distances from close
up, to some hopefully generous max. A battery that could be recharged from my
vehicles electrical system would be useful, but this may be asking a lot.

TIA

Tony
Email: tony.halmarack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx