Re: [OM] Fw: Cossina cranks out a retro-range finder camera, why Olympu

Subject: Re: [OM] Fw: Cossina cranks out a retro-range finder camera, why Olympus
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 10:59:06 -0700
George S. wrote:
I haven't wanted anything faster than a 1.8 or 1.4. Have you?

Constantly! I do big enlargements, and so I'm always pushing the limits, with slow film and even moderate apertures and available light.

What I REALLY want is a 15mm-600mm f1.0 that weighs less than 500g and is less than 10cm long. :-)

But you're right -- a practical 50/1.0 would suffer too many other trade-offs to make it useful for any but a very few situations.

--
: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>