[OM] OT - Kodak Projector Question

Subject: [OM] OT - Kodak Projector Question
From: Ross Waite <rmwaite@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 21:18:34 +1000
G'day all

I've decided to upgrade my aging "universal" slide tray projector to a
Kodak SAV system with the intention of setting up for presentations using
dissolves.  As luck would have it, I went to look at a Kodak SAV2050
projector today, and came away with 2 for the price that was advertised for
1 (AUD $300), the reason being that neither projector is functioning
correctly.  The problem seems to be that the lever that moves the slide
tray to the next position doesn't quite travel far enough to position the
next slide correctly. As a result, the slides jam and don't eject properly.
 I figure it is probably just an adjustment to the transport mechanism to
get the slide tray one or two millimetres further on each slide change.

Does anyone on the list have any experience with servicing these machines,
or is anyone aware of a mailing list/web site that focuses on
multi-projector AV presentations?  I am also interested in service manuals
for the Kodak SAV 2000 series projectors and/or circuit diagrams,
especially for the external connections to dissolve units etc.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the "Golden Navitar" lenses
marketed by Kodak for the SAV machines.  Are they as good as the
advertising suggests?

Thanks
Ross Waite