Re: [OM] OM me gawd..(35-80/2.8)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM me gawd..(35-80/2.8)
From: David Barnblatt <dbarnblatt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:06:29 -0700
But the KEH one is rated at like new minus. (pretty much new)  They have a good
rating system. I would have bought it if it was available a few weeks ago... So
I went to BH Photo . It does come in a nice box though!

I just got back my first roll of film I shot with mine.  I shot a roll of
Fujichrome 100.  It is a very sharp lens.  I havn't examined them closely yet
but they looked (felt?) like shots taken with a prime lens. Using the lens is
also very nice... there is a very precise feel about it.  The zoom control
stays put and the focus control is precise and tight.  It is a retro focus type
zoom lens, so the front element does not rotate when you focus.   I like the
fact that you don't have to refocus if you change the zoom setting.  Very much
worth the cost, I think... a reason to own an Olympus camera.

A well balanced little package is this lens, a body with a Motor Drive or a
Winder.  If you want to go light, with just one rig, than it can't be beat!  I
hope you go for it!  C'mon... just do it! : )

David

P.S.  I'm glad to hear that Debbie is diong well.  I liked your shots aroud the
hospital, the self portrait is very nice! Also the 300mm 4.5 lens I got from
you is great!