Re: [OM] t-mount wanted.

Subject: Re: [OM] t-mount wanted.
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 00:59:23 PDT
It does sound that way, Warren. I got this thing very cheaply so I believe I'll use it as the basis for my homebrewed single element portrait lens project. Constructing a barrel to fasten to the flange via set screws should be easy. I'll probably browse around pawn shops for the junkiest suitable candidate to cannibalize. That would be best since it'll already be fairly well baffled and painted flat black inside. Having a focusing or zoom mechanism would ease fine focusing within the limited range I'd need.

Lex

----Original Message Follows----
From: WKato@xxxxxxx

I found what I'd hoped would be an OM T-mount adaptor, but isn't quite. One side fits the body's bayonet mount, altho' without locking in place (no lens release lever) or provision for diaphragm actuation.

The inside appeared at first to be threaded. It turns out to be finely baffled to prevent extraneous light bouncing around, as many lens hoods are, and finished in flat black paint.

Lex, this sounds like you have 1/2 of a T mount adapter. The other missing part has a threaded female part to take the threaded end of all T mount lens and the camera side has three set screws to clamp down on the flange that you have.

Warren