[OM] Re:Non-Olympus teleobjectives (availability, adapters, etc)?

Subject: [OM] Re:Non-Olympus teleobjectives (availability, adapters, etc)?
From: "Pawel Golik" <pgolik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 18:32:18 -0400
>I'm looking for used teleobjectives (perhaps even zooms)
>in the 80-200mm range. I've now located one possible Tamron 80-200mm,
>but I'm at loss whether this will fit my OM-4Ti.

    I have a Tamron 35-70 f/3.5 MC BBAR zoom (at least 10 years old), and
it's adaptall mount (it's probably adaptall2, but I'm not sure) is
OM4-friendly, with
the correct screw placement. AFAIK all the newer Tamron mounts are OK. I
like my Tamron - it's a good quality lens, it's only problems are
ergonomical - poorly designed DOF preview and hard-turning aperture
(although this can be attributed to age of the lens).
    I don't think the mount itself will affect image quality, Tamrons are
reputable enough. Even if you get a mount with an incorrectlu placed screw
slot, you can always fill this slot with epoxy, or maybe swap it for a
later, OM4-friendly mount.
    Good luck
    Pawel