Re: [OM] Re: Zinc-Air 675 cells -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Zinc-Air 675 cells -Reply
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 23:02:44 +0000
One of the members of the Rollei list helped develop the Wein cell.  It is
*not* a collared hearing aid cell, but was specifically designed to replace
the PX625 Hg cell.  One of the applications it was created for was cameras
and light meters.

Yes, once you remove the cover, the reaction begins and continues.
However, if the OM-1[n] drain is like the Rollei 35S I have, the Wein
should last much longer than a 675 Zinc-Air . . . even if it doesn't last
quite as long as an Hg cell . . . which seemed to last forever in a Rollei
35.  Used a Wein in a Rollei 35S for a year before I replaced it with the
C.R.I.S. "76" Ag cell adapter and an Ag cell.

-- John

[snip]