Re:[OM] Om bodies in San Jose, Ca. area

Subject: Re:[OM] Om bodies in San Jose, Ca. area
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:08:21 -0500
>       Scruffy's is one of the best places to get Guinness on the west coast
>of the USA.  It is a long way from Ireland and kegs rarely get
>preferential treatment on the way here.  Usually it is a 3 minute
>"settle" compared to 5 minutes at Johnny's in Castlebar (2 hours west of
>Dublin, Ire).  I can only hope to get the "fresh" stuff at some distant
>point in the future.  Until then I have to settle for what is available,
>unless you are "volunteering" to bring us poor deprived Left Coasters
>some on your refrigerated airplane <grin>.

Or how about Johnny Fox's.  Youza, that is good seafood.  Rumor has it that
they are better than average at serving Guinness.  I've had it once at
Johnny Fox's and found it to be rather good.  The very best meals I've ever
had in Europe were there too.  I always try to get to Johnny Fox's whenever
I'm in Ireland.

One time I was in Amsterdam and our group (marketing and engineering geeks)
decided that we wanted to eat Indian or Sri Lankin.  Well, the problem is
that few Indian restuarants in Amsterdam take credit cards.  We found this
one downtown on the eastside of the canal down by the train station called
"The White Elephant."  Take note, that the name alone should have scared us
away.  Second hint of trouble was that the place was EMPTY!!!!  Suprisingly
enough the food was good.  However, we were disturbed by activity outside
the windows on a ladder.  While we were inside the restaurant they changed
names!

No, they didn't serve Guinness

Ken Norton