[OM] Panache, zinc-air battery warning

Subject: [OM] Panache, zinc-air battery warning
From: Andy Beals <bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 16:09:05 -0700
On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 16:03:22 -0400, "Rick Beckrich" <RBeckric@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>  Would I trade my Kowa or OM's (obligatory content) and go back to large
> format?

Well, my grey and red Century Graphic with a 2x3 rollfilm back shoots film I
can [a] buy and [b] have someone else breathe the fumes of ..er.. process.
And it has S T Y L E.  I definitely need a period flash to go with it.

> NT: With the hassle of getting batteries for my Om-1MD, and the whoa prices
> for
> alternative solutions... imagine my surprise at finding Energizer AC675E
> ZINC-AIR
> 1.4V @ 4 for $4.92 in that exotic marketplace for the elite, Giant Foods,
> today..

Be forewarned that once you pop the seal on these puppies, they WILL go flat
in a matter of weeks, used or not.  You can probably buy alkalines in the
appropriate size from radio shack.  [I have an HP calculator that takes teeny
cells like that and the zinc-air jobbies just don't last]