RE : [OM] MECHANICAL SHUTTER , 1/60

Subject: RE : [OM] MECHANICAL SHUTTER , 1/60
From: "Jim" <teojim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:08:53 +0800
Once I was shooting at a wedding reception with my OM4-Ti together with the
MD2 attached and loaded the last roll of film.
After the second shot the battery in the OM4-Ti went flat and in order to
save time to change new set of battery, I switched the OM4-Ti to Mechanical
shutter mode.

Happily I used up the whole roll using the mechanical shutter mode, God
saved my day.
When the film was processed, I was shocked to find out the roll which I used
the mechanical shutter turn out blank.

Later I realised that if you are using the Mechanical shutter mode of your
OM4, OM4-Ti, OM2SP, Never Never trigger the shutter using the winder or
motor drive. By doing so, you will think that it works normal with the
clicking and winding sound from camera and drive. In actual fact the shutter
did no function at all if you trigger it using your winder or motor drive.

So be careful if you were to use the 1/60 mechanical shutter, take your
shots using the shutter release and Not from your Motor drive or winder.

I had a gentle reminder to myself on the Memo holder of the camera
back--->[Check ASA, Do Not use Mech. shutter with drive]
With this message, I'll take a second look to confirm the ASA setting
whenever I load a new roll of film/slide too.

Cheers
Jim Teo