[OM] Lens chatter (wuz 'Greetings and Salutations')

Subject: [OM] Lens chatter (wuz 'Greetings and Salutations')
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:54:35 PDT
Thanks much for the feedback, Ken. Glad to hear about the performance of the 100/2.8 in conjunction with the iS macro lens, 'cause that's exactly one combo I'm considering to keep things light. Eventually I'll add a bellows or that telescoping extension tube thingie and an appropriate lens for a special project I'm working toward.

I'm also curious about the 85/2 since it's smallish and promoted as being corrected for close up use. I'm wondering how well corrected when pushed beyond its designed minimum focus range? I don't plan to buy a bunch of Zuikos, so it'd be nice to do as you've suggested - make a great portrait lens perform double duty as a macro.

Lex