[OM] OM2S question

Subject: [OM] OM2S question
From: "George Sears" <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:12:06 -0400
I know this has been hashed over several times but I was unable to find the
answer in the archives so here goes.

My OM2S, loaded with film and fresh batteries, set to program mode, f16,
shutter speed 1/60th doesn't seem to set the aperture automatically like I
thought it should. The way I read the manual, the camera should set the
aperture as well as the shutter speed. In my office with the lights turned
down, the aperture stays at f16 and the shutter speed is long accordingly.

Should I be using the max aperture (largest number) of the lens or the max
aperture acceptable to me?

Thanks,
g2