Re: [OM] SETI searchers sought

Subject: Re: [OM] SETI searchers sought
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 18:41:09 -0500
>I hope this isn't an abuse of the list, but I'd like to solicit some
>CPU cycles for a good cause. I just started Searching for Extra-
>Terrestrial Intelligence (I've given up on earth...) and have
>processed 5 datasets so far for the SETI project in the background.

I have this running on the official government computer that my office lets
me use. I think I've processed about 50 or so data sets. Basically, we're
looking for "I Love Lucy" in Venutian.....

The experiment is based on an assumption that ET's would, if they existed,
generate some kind of identifiable electromagnetic waveform in their
civilization. Whether they use Olympus OM's or N*k*n's is anybodies guess
however.....

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright