Re: copyright issues Re: [OM] hans' oly/zuiko tshirt on esif

Subject: Re: copyright issues Re: [OM] hans' oly/zuiko tshirt on esif
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 20:04:53 +0200
: If the Olympus sales information book is copyrighted, then Oly can sue
: you and win simply because the use of the book is not authorized.

There was no book. The Olympus Sales Information File was a blue binder
containing separate exchangeable data sheets for the various units of the OM
System and some tabs for the OM-10 and the finder cameras. Neither the
binder itself nor any of the sheets contain any copyright message. It was
just a dealer catalogue to support commerce just as the e-SIF is a user
catalogue. The only pictures in the SIF are unauthorized product pictures of
the various units.

I also used some product pictures from the OM System Lens Handbook. This
book doesn't contain any copyright notices either, but it does contain
'real' photographs made by Jeanloup Sieff, W. Eugene Smith, Bruce Davidson,
Elliott Erwitt, Dennis Stock and various Japanese photographers, and I can
imagine I would be violating copyrights if I had published their material.
But I didn't.

Hans