Re: [OM] hans' oly/zuiko tshirt on esif

Subject: Re: [OM] hans' oly/zuiko tshirt on esif
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 22:06:23 EDT
> : You don't have to be selling something to infringe a trademark or
>  : copyright.

> hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx writes:

>  I understand that; if I would be making scans or otherwise copy some
>  copyrighted material, for instance from another photographer, and publish
>  these on my site, I would be violating copyrights and possibly damage the
>  photographer's income, even when my site is for free.

That's THE point- you just about DO have to be selling something or at least
preventing someone form selling THEIR something- as in the free copyrighted
material you'd be supplying free on the web, in the above example.
I believe in order for their lawsuit to be successful they'd have to prove
you are either 1- preventing them from earnings, or 2- damaging their
reputation. Neither is either remotely happening here, so let's not beat this
to death...

George S.