Re: [OM] 40mm Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] 40mm Zuiko
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 23:26:13 +0200
Tom wrote:

: OK,  I'll weigh in here.
: The 40/2 is NOT worth the money.

Let me guess, Tom - you paid way too much for yours in your zuikoholic (tm;)
lust. Was it much more than the $250 I paid for mine?

: I love the lens and would be hard pressed to part with it. It's so small
and
: light and wonderful.

Yes, but what's more important to me, is the focal length which is much more
versatile than 50mm (way too long indoors, in many cases) or 35 (way too
short outdoors, in many cases). Yes, 40mm is also present in a 35-70mm zoom,
but not at F2. Then there is the close focusing.

: Didn't help, did I?

No, but if Oly reads the list then, after they've sued me for my site;),
maybe they can get back into business and reintroduce the 40/2 to take it
away from its (IMHO) fake collector's item status back as a user's lens,
please?

Hnz