RE: [OM] RFC: Should I bail ?

Subject: RE: [OM] RFC: Should I bail ?
From: "Gareth Knight" <gareth.knight@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:06:32 +0100
I'm astounded by the number of responses to my questions, I'd like to thank
the list for being such a lovely place to discuss such off topic bits and
pieces.

You'll be glad to know that I have, at least for the foreseeable future,
decided to keep my OM collection.  Two things decided me:

1. I have just got back the most magnificent roll taken on the 4Ti with the
100/2.8 Zuiko.
2. The Nikon brochure for the D1 devotes a fair bit of space indicating how
much poorer previous Nikon digi's have been in comparison - this sort of
approach does not bode well for the future.  As several have pointed out -
what happens when the D2 comes out ? The wonderful thing about film cameras
is that you are effectively upgrading them every time the film manufacturer
improves their formulation - this is what has allowed the OM system to
compete at the highest level for thirty years, something the D1 certainly
will not.

Of John's list of suggested lenses, I have most of those, but I'm lacking
the 85/2 - which I presume is more accessible to me price-wise than the
legendary 90 macro.

Thank you all again,

Gareth.