Re: [OM] Amateur Photograpy May 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] Amateur Photograpy May 2000
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 16:03:49 +0100
Just after hitting 'send' I remembered that I also have AP articles on the
OM2000 (4 Dec '99) and the OM3Ti v Contax RTS3 v Leica R8 (24 July '99).
Also a short (2-page) review of the OM4Ti from BJP 12 Jan '00. If anyone is
interesting in PDF-ing these I could send them the articles. I inserted the
dates for anyone wanting hard copies.

All are pretty favourable, which is mildly reassuring in the current
magazine climate of AF-is-everything, "if your motordrive can't do 0-60mph
in under 4 seconds you're a loser". Heck, I shot superbikes at the weekend
using an OM1, with manual focus, manual film advance/rewind, a Weston
silicon-cell handheld meter... that explains why my prints are blurred,
underexposed and devoid of action because the film wasn't wound on ;-) At
least the shutter wasn't set at 1/15th sec by mistake.

Simon E.