Re: [OM] Amateur Photograpy May 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] Amateur Photograpy May 2000
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 15:02:48 -0500
>"I'm a landscape photographer. I want to travel light, so I use Olympus
>equipment. I started with an OM-1, recently borrowed an OM-4Ti, and liked
it so
>much that I bought one. I don't miss auto-focus. The spot-metering is
great. It
>would be nice to have a proper 'off' switch."

What on earth for?  Other than accidently having the shutter button pressed
inside your camera bag.

I've blown enough shots through the years with other cameras with on/off
switches that I really do appreciate my OM-2S with it's auto on/off.  You
can "turn it off" in a way by rotating the shutterspeed ring to the red
1/60 position.

Ken Norton