[OM] Yay, I got a Zuiko 90/2 for $150!

Subject: [OM] Yay, I got a Zuiko 90/2 for $150!
From: Dylan <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 18:17:19 +1000
Good, that got your attention;-)
If this message appears in BIG, multi-coloured, bold letters, can you
please, please, PLEASE, check your message preferences to make sure
you're not sending HTML to the list? The last two digests have been half
garbage HTML formatting, and the culprits weren't even _using_ the
formatting for pretty colours like I am;-)
Even though my mail reader on this machine can handle HTML, the digest
software can't, so we digest subscribers get lots of stuff like this:

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>OMer</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT:

=
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
  style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
    <DIV align=3Dleft class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
    size=3D2></DIV></FONT>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello Everyone,</FONT></DIV>

which isn't really all that interesting, or relevant to zuikos (or even
SUVs!) is it?

James Kiker, JohnH, Skip Williams, Dave Bulger, Omer Nezih Gerek, you
have all been naughty boys in this regard within the last two digests!

On a similar note, it really isn't necessary to quote a full two page
email when you're replying to it. On the other hand, just replying along
the lines of "yeah that's a great idea" and not including _any_ of the
original message isn't great either. How about omewhere between the two?

Thanks for your attention, and apologies to all the digest subscribers
and others using real email programs that don't accept this
Microsoft/Netscape/AOL imposed garbage of HTML in email.
Dylan
PS No, I _didn't_ really get a 90/2:(