Re: [OM] Update on Om-2n problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Update on Om-2n problems
From: Lyle Olsen <lo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 13:35:29 -0700
I have been following this thread with interest because I have a similar
problem with an OM2N.
In my case, I don't have the mirror lockup on auto--it fires ok--but I seem to
have the same
shutter speed (1/60 I would estimate from the sound of it) on auto no matter
what the aperture
setting.  Would this similarly indicate either photo diodes or switch as in the
case of the
mirror lock-up? On manual works ok, but these are different detectors aren't
they?.  Are
photodiodes still available, and is this a job a handy person could do, or is
it off to the shop
at $140 or so after shipping both ways?
Thanks
Lyle