Re: [OM] focus offset

Subject: Re: [OM] focus offset
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 06:02:44 -0700 (PDT)
  Hi all, this is specifically for Gary, but I thought
the rest of the group might be interested. On this
manner of curveture of field I seem to remember that
Minolta had a lens back in the late 70's where that
could be adjusted. I think it was a 24mm f 2.8 and
there was a ring on this lens with 3 positions marked
)-l-( ,and by adjusting this ring you could change the
shape if the DOF from concave to flat to convex.
Because of this I'd always thought that field flatness
was something that could be designed into a lens with
little trouble but I suppose there are tradeoffs on
other optical problems to be considered.