Re: [OM] Other ultra-wides?

Subject: Re: [OM] Other ultra-wides?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 21:55:26 -0700 (PDT)
Phellow Zuikophiles (looks vaguely indecent, doesn't it?

After reading comments by Skip and others regarding the Zuiko 21mm f3.5
lens, I've got to have one! Luckily, I'll be visiting England for 10
days at the beginning of June so I can get it delivered there, instead
of having it sent to Indonesia (a risky business - I still haven't
received news from the Customs and/or Postal authorities here
concerning an Olympus 35SP I ordered at the end of March!)

Anyway, I've ordered from Jaap Korten's 'Wide Angle' website a Zuiko
35m/3.5 lens, together with a Zuiko 50mm/1.4 and Zuiko 100mm/2.8, to be
sent to England. I curently have a modest lens collection, consisting
of a 28mm/2.8 and 35-70mm/4 zoom, as well as a Vivitar 70-210mm zoom,
so these primes will be a welcome addition. I think having a range of
primes with focal lengths of 21, 28, 50 and 100mm makes sense. I rarely
need anything longer than 100mm but, when I do, I can still use the
Vivitar. Only trouble with that lens is zoom-creep if it's not
horizontal - a plague on one-touch zooms! You can bet I'm looking
forward to trying out these additional lenses, especially the 21/3.5!

Regards,

Ray