Sv: [OM] Other ultra-wides?

Subject: Sv: [OM] Other ultra-wides?
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 21:17:01 +0200
I have the 18, 21/2 and 24/2.

As I use the 24 as my standard wide angle when using something wider than
the 35 mm, I most often use the 18 mm when I need something really wide. I
have not done any tests, but according to a German test some years ago (I
have mentioned this earlier) the 18 mm seems to have much better resolution
and contrast in the corners than the 21 mm. The 18 mm was test winner,
ahead of among others a Zeiss lens. But of course, the 21/2 is 1½ stop
faster and fast wide angles are wonderful. With the 24 mm, I can easily get
good results indoors at F2 and 1/15 sec.

I have a friend who has a 21/3.5 and he just loves it. If you don't need
the F2 speed, it is a great little lens.
The 24/2.8 is great, too, and also very compact.
I took some great pictures with such a lens in Egypt some years ago.

I don't know how the market is in other countries, but here in Denmark
those fast wideangles are rare on the secondhand market.

Lars