[OM] Re: OM-3 "sound"

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-3 "sound"
From: Dylan <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 11:15:59 +1000
Marc wrote:
> Thanks for the information. So, the noise is 'normal' for a relatively
> new camera? I wonder since my OM-1 and my M6 have mechanical shutters
> and they don't make any noises or otherwise betray their mechanical
> inner-workings... and the OM-3Ti is far newer than both of them!

Both OM1s I've had experience with make that noise, though they can't be
called new ('73 and '77 manufacture dates, same as their respective
owners). Would I be correct in guessing that the sound is related to
changing the delay between release of the first and second curtains? It
only happens on changing to 1/60th or lower, which is also when the full
frame is open (rather than a slit between the curtains). Listen closely
enough when your OM1 is set to these speeds (realistically you can
probably only make it out below 1/15), and you will hear a faint buzzing
between the firing of the curtains.
Dylan