[OM] Bargain of the Weekend? (and the one that got way) , in the rain o

Subject: [OM] Bargain of the Weekend? (and the one that got way) , in the rain on Saturday night (TOPE)
From: Reynolds Paul <PReynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 10:36:02 +0100
Camera fair in Wolverhampton on Sunday, not normally noted for its Oly
content, If N***on, Leica or C***n are your interest, fine, otherwise not a
lot.

However this time did manage to pick up an OM40 and a 28 f2.8 Zuiko (MC) for
the princely sum of £30, yes THIRTY pounds. (managed to beat the seller down
from £35 since there were no batteries in it). Although the lens is marked
on the outside front and the camera looks well used (someone has had a go at
retouching the black paintwork) looks OK to me! Meter, foam and shutter seem
OK (put half a roll through it yesterday). The luxury of DX coding again!
Have been looking for something to keep in the car without being too worried
about it's value. Missed too many shots lately through not having a camera
with me. Any suggestions for one lens to go with it, if not the 28 f2.8?

Also saw a 300mm f4.5 , for £400.00 ("how much?") and a 100mm f2 (almost
£300 if I recall correctly), from Camtech. One or two OM10's and an OM2n,
but nothing much else, apart from a Pen F plus various lens for just under
£300. Didn't know whether this was a good price or not. Fancy one of those.
Couldn't spend as much time there as usual due to other commitments,
unfortunately.

Also picked up a 49mm red filter (£2.00) and a 49mm polariser (£3.00) for my
C****a 20mm. Yes, the last of the big spenders!

Last week I came across an advert in a local ads paper for a 85mm f2, for
£60.00 (!!). Unfortunately it had been sold when I rang, didn't speak
directly to the seller, so as far as the condition etc is concerned, I will
never know. Presumably not a list purchaser? Come out if you are!

For anyone living in the UK, the local "trade it" papers are pretty good and
have a fairly high photographic, and in the South West for some reason,
fairly high, Oly content.

Encouraged by Olaf, I thought it was about time I had a shot at TOPE 2, so
there I was with tripod and camera, in the pouring rain, in Wolverhampton
town centre, on Saturday night. Not an ideal combination. Also getting
sarcastic comments from drunken revellers. Olaf, you have a lot to answer
for! :)

Hoping that reflections will make up for what was not exactly inspiring
subject matter. Question, is an OM1 adversely affected by a good soaking?
Still seemed OK the day after.

Paul Reynolds
E Mail Address: preynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This email transmission is confidential and intended for the addressee
only. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you
are not the person or organisation to whom it is addressed, you must
not copy, distribute, or take any action in reliance upon it. If you
have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by
telephone or email Postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY