RE: [OM] Cheap

Subject: RE: [OM] Cheap
From: "Michael Stephens" <mike1964@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 19:16:20 -0500
The Vivitar 28-210 that Oly Guy sells is a nice lens,
although it is a tad slow, and the one that I had really
suffered from zoom creep.  It also was a bit too cheap
in construction for my purposes.  Big glass on the front,
and the photos were OK, but I opted to sell it and
stick with Zuikos and Tamron.  The lens did seem to
vignette a bit, particularly at the wide angle end of the
range.  You may want to consider a used Tamron or Tokina,
which should sell for less than the new Vivitar, and
are typically better (particularly the SP and ATX models)
than the Vivitar standard models.  Or, you could opt
for a pre-owned Vivitar Series 1 zoom - they are nice.
The advantage of the new Vivitar is that it has a 5-yr
warranty.

Mike