Re: [OM] Spanner Wrench

Subject: Re: [OM] Spanner Wrench
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 06:40:06 PDT
Cc: j.korten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

On the first lens I wanted to do (the cheapest of the bunch; I figured I'd work in order of price, so I'd have more experience when starting on the higher priced ones) I tried the rubber approach (which I had used successfully on the Tokina zoom I mentioned), but not a chance with this one - whoever screwed in the ring fastened it very tightly. It was only after trying vereything else that I could think of that I came to the conclusion that this time I'd not be able to avoid getting a spanner wrench.

I see...
I hope the spanner wrench will do the job for you then for the lenses for which the "rubber-approach" doesn't work...

It's not urgent; though; I'll take my time trying to find one locally and following up on some of the tips I got in this thread.

Well, as you already said, not a whole lot of damage can be done (as the lenses are not very useable because of the dirt anyway, right?), and not too big "monetary investments" would be lost if it goes wrong, so you might as well give it a shot...! :)

Thanks again to all who helped; and special thanks to you, Olafo, for taking the time to do the translation of Jaap's advice (I do translations for a living, so I know it's a time-consuming work).

Don't worry, you're most welcome. I don't mind doing the translations, I'm glad I could be of some help :)

Cheers!
Olafo