[OM] Petersen Photographic's "An Overlooked Gem"

Subject: [OM] Petersen Photographic's "An Overlooked Gem"
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 10:11:44 -0700
The June 2000 issue of Petersen Photographic has a 1 page (p. 123)
retrospect on the OM-1, titled: "An Overlooked Gem."  It is written by
Barry Evans, who must be a freelance writer. It is a nice, informative
piece, until one gets to the second to last paragraph. There he seems to
have tried to build on The "Great Zuikos" article, where folks were
warned about the coating of early Zuiko lenses. Evans tells us:

"While the single-coated lenses I have used perform well, the
more-recent multicoated lenses do exhibit significantly greater
contrast.  Fortunately the "M.C." designation engraved on the front
retaining ring of all multi-coated lenses easily identifies these
lenses."

Hum. What shall we now expect in the used marketplace as the result of
this error? Higher demand for MC version Zuikos and lower demand for
both X.Zuikos *AND* just plain Zuikos, the latter which are the REAL
"more-recent multicoated lenses."

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV