Re: [OM] 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 20:56:00 -0400
Cc: cpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chris,

The S-Zuiko's were the "consumer" level of lenses that Olympus offered late in the life of the OM system (It's pretty much dead now.) Several of them were produced by third parties, i.e. Cosina. But I think that the 35-70/3.5-4.5 was an Olympus lens.

The coating discussion of MC vs SC has had many, many threads here on the list. Sufficit to say, if it says MC, its multi-coated, otherwise, it depends on the lens' age. Also, most of the silver-nosed lenses were SC. You already have the best URL's for the reference information.

There was also another designation on Zuikos that throws many people: Auto-W, Auto-S, and Auto-T were for Wide, Standard, & Telephoto lenses, respectively.

I think the 35-70/3.5-4.5's were all MC. It really doesn't matter, though. It's a very nice lens.

Don't get hung up on the MC vs SC decision unless two otherwise identical lenses present themselves, one MC, and the other SC. In that case, I'd choose the MC one.

Skip