[OM] Any FBI Agents or Police Officers on this site?

Subject: [OM] Any FBI Agents or Police Officers on this site?
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 22:12:03 -0500
Sorry to get off the camera subject here but I am having difficulty trying
to locate the original owner of a vehicle I purchased.  This can also be
viewed as educational.

I had a title search on a vehicle I purchased, the year of the car is an
1980 Chevrolet.  What kills me is that in the State of Texas, they only go
back fifteen years into the history of title transfers, which absolutely
floored my mind.  The records are destroyed!

I was able to locate the second owner through the 7th owner.  The car was
probably purchased new hear in Texas, but since they only go back fifteen
years I am out of luck.

I have tried everything.  I contacted GM, the plant in which the car was
assembled.(no longer exist.)  I removed the fuel tank and got excited
because there was the invoice sticker glued to the back, but due to it's
age, the section where the dealer is supposed to be listed had broken off.

I know we have a very diverse group and thought what the heck.   I have
tried my auto egroups site, however photographers tend to think outside the
box.  Any suggestions or Ideas?  Someone told me to locate the FBI or law
enforcement agency, they have ways.  Anyone know?

Thanks, Sam....