Re: [OM] OM4/ti and batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4/ti and batteries
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 20:58:08 +1000
Giles wrote

> In the few years I have been on this list there has never been a
> substantiated case of a 4Ti with high drain due to a defective circuit in
> my recollection.

It mightn't be due to a bad circuit but the drain is still too high.

My Canon calculator has had the same pair of LR44's (alkaline
button cells) in it since it was new in 1992. It has no mechanical
switch, springing into life when you press "clear" and turning "off"
by a button like any of the others, and retaining the memory and
the radix permanently. And what about watches?

John Hermanson wrote

> Drain in the T/Ti cannot be improved.

I think won't, more than can't.

Perhaps the OM-4Ti's circuit is just a very old design that draws
a lot of current, and the reason Olympus seem determined to
sell as few as possible is that no fabricator can still make
them. Anyway, a microswitch that disconnected the battery on
mech 1/60 would solve the problem and could be fitted to
existing bodies.