Re: [OM] Slide Film

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide Film
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 21:36:26 -0400
From: Charles Sdunek
> Jim Terazawa wrote:
>
> > Charles,
> >
> > You mean you are going to UP ?  I was an UPer one time (1976~1978)
> > where I discovered the OM to be my future system.  A friend of mine
> > at school (Michigan Tech) happened to loan me his OM-1n and I fell
> > in love with the OM since..
> >
> > I cannot remember any good places in the UP, but there should be plenty
> > of rapids and water falls at this time of the year.  Do you plan to
visit
> > Keweenaw Peninsula/Isle Royale Island ?
>
> Jim,
>     As a matter of fact, I am going to Houghton for a friend of mines
> wedding.  He met his fiance while going to school at Tech, and they are
> getting married at the church where they met.
>     I live in the detroit area and will be traveling up throught the
straits
> and along the lake michigan shore on US2, over to about manestique (sp?)
then
> I will shoot north and go accross along the lake superior shoreline on
highway
> 28 till I hit 41.  There are several nice waterfalls along the way, along
with
> beautiful lakeshore everywhere.

Charles,

If I remember correctly, not too far from the Macinac Bridge end of US2
there is an interesting bridge.  When we were on our Honeymoon in Aug, '78
we stopped there and walked underneath it.  There are some nice views
available of it.  Also, if you catch the time right, the mist on one of the
falls will produce nice rainbows.  I don't remember which one for sure, but
I think it was Bridal Veil.

Gregg