[OM] ILOVEY..Uhm I mean: e-SIF: please update your bookmarks!

Subject: [OM] ILOVEY..Uhm I mean: e-SIF: please update your bookmarks!
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 21:18:01 +0200
Yes dear Zuiks & Zuikettes, OM-lovers all over the world,

The Main Site of The Unofficial Olympus OM Sales Information File (e-SIF) is
no longer _completely_ available at its original location
(http://www.veluwen.demon.nl).

Because I'm in the transition from my previous ISP Demon NL to the cable
modem provider UPC (Chello), I have removed parts of the e-SIF and put
redirection pages in their place. The subpages that describe all the various
units of the OM System will remain available at their old location untill
the end of this month, giving people who added links to them time to update.

For the time being there will be no difference between the Main Site and the
Mirror Site. My previous Mirror Site at Xoom
(http://members.xoom.com/veluwen/) now becomes the only site. Reasons are
that UPC currently doesn't provide enough disk space and its FTP services
are still malfunctioning, two weeks after my first complaints; I've also
tried three free space providers (Crosswinds, Redrival and Spaceports) that
got five star ratings in the Dutch computer magazine PCM but none of them
were able to accomplish to any quality standards in my opinion.

Because the url of my pages on Xoom is long and difficult to remember, I
took a free cool subdomain at CJB:

***********************
http://www.esif.cjb.net
***********************

It is not only free, it is also free from advertisements. So are the pages
on Xoom, btw, as long as you include the '_XMCM' part in the url (see
below)... This CJB subdomain can be pointed to any url I wish, which can be
usefull in the future when I get a new Main Site.

If you added direct links to pages of individual units on your pages, or
wish to do so in the future, you can point them now to the corresponding
Xoom link.

For instance, the url
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/flashphotogroup/ttl_auto_connectors.htm

should now be:
http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/flashphotogroup/ttl_auto_connec
tors.htm

So change the 'www.veluwen.demon.nl' part into
'members.xoom.com/_XMCM/veluwen'.
Omitting the '_XMCM' part will also work, but this will bring up the
annoying Xoom banner.

Happy Zuiking, OM lives forever!

Hans van Veluwen (mailto:hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx)