Re: [OM] Lens hood for the iS-3000! (?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens hood for the iS-3000! (?)
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 18:29:11 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 12:29 PM
Subject: [OM] Lens hood for the iS-3000! (?)

> Today I received the printed catalogue from TechnikDirekt, and discovered a
> "new" species of the iS family (yes it's a jungle out there;): a special
> lens hood for the iS-3000! Currently I'm using a modified rubber hood (I cut
> off the edges to prevent vignetting because it was intended for a standard
> lens). I know the metal hood for the Zuiko 35mm/F2 works too. I was just
> wondering if this special iS/L hood would add something extra (like a
> flexible length? - probably not). Am I correct in my assumptions that no one
> has ever seen this hood, no one knows and no one cares? ;)

Hans, as a matter of fact I'm quite sure I saw this listed (Olympus Sonnenblende
f. IS-3000  49,95 DM) the other day when I searched for Oly items at
TechnikDirekt, but for some reason I didn't recognize it as an genuine Oly item.
Don't know why. Perhaps too much work lately. (I hope this can be attributed as
"human error"...;-)

I don't have a lens hood for my iS-3000, so I might very well order one in the
near future! That is of course if P & P doesn't amount to the same cost as the
hood itself...
Btw Hans, how do I get a customer number so that I too can get their free
catalogue?

Per Nordenberg