Re: [OM] 28mm f2.8 lens shade

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm f2.8 lens shade
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 09:39:56 -0700
Hi Olaf:

<< To complete(?) the picture, I also have an old metal clamp on type
marked
"1.4/50 1.8/50 3.5/28", I wonder if this one causes vignetting. On more
recent versions of this hood (i.e. the rubber version), the indications
have
changed to "1.4/50 1.8/50 3.5-4.5/35-70" (or something of that
effect)... >>

Another case of a hood being manufactured BEFORE a compatible lens was
even developed. The clamp on aluminum hood actually nests on the 35-70mm
f/3.5~4.5, making it more useful than the later rubber hood that has
that lens listed on it.

No aspersions on you Olaf, but I wonder why we collectively keep beating
a dead horse here? Early production hoods simply aren't going to list
newer production lenses. Just like the Olympus 2X teleconverter lists
compatible lenses on it based on what was being sold at the time the
converter was manufactured.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV