Re: [OM] Winder 2 on tripod & drive questions -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder 2 on tripod & drive questions -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 09:54:26 -0400
I use a floppy connection to download pictures from my digicam! But seriously, I
do use MD's when shooting nature subjects on a pod, but almost always with a
tripod mount on the tele. This is where I find the release lever on some Bogen
heads gets in the way. I can't think of a time when I had a short lens on and
was doing tripod work where I need an MD. As far as removing the drive, I
haven't worried about it, but I suppose if you were really concerned you could
bag it. I usually have a changing bag with me anyway for the untimely Oh Sh*t
situation.

>>> Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 04/29/00 07:48am >>>
Joel Wilcox wrote

> No question.  It's a floppy connection.  I don't use winders on tripods
> anymore as a result.  Seems to defeat the purpose of the tripod.

I do sometimes use one as an "electronic thumb" and to balance a
heavier lens when handholding, and then I may need to use the same
body on a tripod. The instructions say not to remove the winder
with film in the camera, because of the risk of light leaks.
(It doesn't say what to do should the camera's button cells die.)

Thank you all for your prompt answers to my questions.