[OM] Coming soon... a new book about the Pen cameras!

Subject: [OM] Coming soon... a new book about the Pen cameras!
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 01:01:15 PDT
Cc: j.korten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lindertv@xxxxxxx
Hi guys,

Yesterday evening I spoke with Jaap Korten, and he had some interesting information, especially if you take a particular interest in the Pen line of cameras. Jaap asked me to pass this on to the list on his behalf, as he is currently not yet subscribed to the list (I will probably soon help him out in setting this up properly so the posts go to a separate folder, etc. and he can join the list too).

The case is that a close friend of Jaap (UK-based) called John Foster, has written a book about the Pen cameras (Jaap contributed some information and pictures from his collection to this book too). The book will be a paperback version, and will be available as of May 14th. In it, the whole line of Pen cameras will be treated in great detail. Also there is some focus on the especially collectable parts of the Pen line, along with lots of other information.

The book will be available through John, Jaap, and other sources. Probably some of them will be made available on the Wide Angle site too.

If this book (or collecting Olympus stuff in general) sounds interesting to you, you can contact Jaap at j.korten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx to inquire some more about it.

O.k., I hope this is of interest to anyone...

OM-content: Jaap has the shade for the 28/2 for me, it's a metal version and it's indeed not marked for usage with the F2.8 and/or F3.5 versions of the 28mm lens. So, I'm no longer looking for this shade, although from off-list discussion I know Hans still is...

Cheers!
Olafo