Re: [OM] Power bounce grip question

Subject: Re: [OM] Power bounce grip question
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 23:15:37 +0000
Having all three . . . the BG2, T-20 and T-32 . . . it works with both.
Probably most who would have the BG2 would also spring the funds for a T-32
and want the increased GN it has.  The T-20 has the plug on the front to
power it from the grip just like the T-32.  An interesting note is you can
also use an F280 with it, but the grip's "C" cells _will_not_power_ the
F280 (had one of them for a while too).  The cutout is there so the pins
that power the "T" series don't interfere with mounting it, but there is no
socket or connection.  The F280 has to run under its own four "AA" cells.
I've used the T-20 on the grip and the T-32 on the hot shoe on the OM-4
with a TTL cord going from the grip to the OM-4 TTL connector on the body.
It works just fine.

You can use the grip with a third party unit, but just like the F280 it
will not power the flash, just trigger it.  Depending on whether the third
party flash has a "T" series compatible TTL control will determine whether
you can use TTL control with it also.

-- John

At 02:38 4/30/00 , Evan asked: