[OM] OM2 adj.

Subject: [OM] OM2 adj.
From: Ketil Johansen <ketiljo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:34:14 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi

I'm new on this list and I've just got a OM2 (not n) for free because the
mirror is broken. I managed to get hold of a new mirror, so I'm going to
replace it. I don't think it's worth letting a repair shop do this. I'm
quite experiences with old cameraes, so I'm trying myselves

But can someone with acces to the repair manual please tell me how to
align the shutter speed ring and the little cog wheel at the bottom of the
mirror box? It seems like the person I got it from has been messing with
the setting, so 'B' is not where it is supposed to be, and the the
different shutter speed settings are also wrong. I guess the cog wheel
sets the speed, while the string around the black plastic ring sets the
meter.

Except for that, it seems like the camera is functioning well. The meter
may be a bit off as well. How is the procedure of adjusting this?

In manual mode I set the speed and aparture, but the shutter speed is not
supposed to variate with incoming light?

Hope someone can help me on this matter.

Regards,

Ketil