[OM] all-OM Photo Gallery site

Subject: [OM] all-OM Photo Gallery site
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 05:05:54 PDT
Cc: garyetx@xxxxxxxx
Hi Gary (and the list),

I didn't see your page until now, so all the nice stuff has already been said, but still, those are SOME nice pictures you have up there!

Nonetheless some remarks:
-Just like me you seem to like the 28/3.5 a lot! Great, I think the 28mm lenses give great perspective without overdoing it, and you certainly know how to use that lens. -Some pictures were simply absolutely stunning, like the lightning storm one and the double rainbow, these are one-in-a-million opportunities and you captured them very nicely and dramatically! -Then Utah, Arizona and Washington: Aaaaah! Nice, it's been a while since I've travelled there, but it's all so recognisable that it's just like travelling there myself (you've got to have been there to really appreciate the beauty of these states). Surprisingly enough the "hidden gem" of the states is missing a bit: Oregon! :) One small point of critique here: I would probably have left out the first shot of the "delicate arch"; not that the picture isn't good, but 4 pictures of the same arch is a bit much... -What else is there? Ah yes, the portraits! The 5 pictures in the centre of the page (Portfolio shots: Sheril, Dallas fashion model, California hot tub) are simply fantastic! An interesting choice of lens (the 300mm one) for Sheril, weren't you allowed to get close enough with a 100mm or were you scared she might bite you (based on the looks she gave you in the first picture)? ;) The choice of the 300mm really adds a lot of impact to these pictures (esp. the first one). The first of the Dallas Fashion Model pictures is probably my favourite of the portraits (truly a classic), although I wouldn't have minded seeing some more of the California hot tub shooting either (I wonder how you managed to prevent camera shake there)....;) The pictures under the "portraiture" section are nice too, although the low-key is at times a bit too dark for my personal likings (like in the very first one)... -Airplanes: some cool stuff there. One question, my recognition of old warplanes is getting a bit rusty, but I could have sworn that you had the B-17 and the B-25 models turned around. Am I correct, or am I _really_ getting rusty here?!? -The eclipse: very nice too! I'm still traumatised by the "disaster" of watching the eclipse last year in Luxemburg (grrrrr), so I may just have to travel to South Africa to at least catch a glimpse of the next one. Actually, there's 2 "eclipses" in the gallery. Upon seeing the first, I thought you were joking about the eclipse, but as it turned out, sure enough there's a real one too...;)

O.k., thanks for showing these great pictures, and I must hurry back to work now...

Cheers!
Olafo