[OM] another lurker comes out of the closet

Subject: [OM] another lurker comes out of the closet
From: "Ellison Family" <ellison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 10:09:25 +0900
Greetings fellow Zuikoholics.  I've been reading the digest version of the list
for about 3 months now and I guess it's time to introduce myself.  I just read
Jim Terazawa's response to Frieder and learned that Jim is a native Japanese
living in Texas.  Well, I'm a native Texan living in Japan (on the western edge
of the greater Tokyo area).  I got started with Olympus OM system in 1980 when
my wife gave me a brand new OM-2n as a wedding present.  I loved that camera
and I always got great pictures with it, but other than a T-32 flash and 28mm
lense I never acquired much in the way of a camera system.  The sad part of the
story is that I lost my OM-2n on a train in Italy about 6 years ago.  Instead
of buying another one, I bought a video camera and have been without a serious
35mm until January this year.  It just hit me out of the blue that I had to
have another OM.  I shopped around Tokyo, but the Japanese are still pretty
proud of their used OMs it seems and I ended up ordering an OM-2n from Cameta
in New York.  Zuikoholism has struck and I want more!  I'm going to Ginza
Monday and will look around some more (that's where I hear most of the used
camera stores are, but it is an expensive area).
My family thinks I'm obsessed (or possessed) and can't see why I spend so much
time reading these long OM emails and surfing the net looking for more
information and good deals on lenses, etc.  By the way, I asked my Japanese
teacher how to pronounce Zuiko.  I expected it to be zooeekoh, which if you say
it fast sounds like zweekoh.  She said zweekoh is correct.
Got to run (with 5 kids, there is always something to do!)

Scott Ellison