[OM] Vinjetting in iS-3 / iS-3000?

Subject: [OM] Vinjetting in iS-3 / iS-3000?
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 00:17:12 +0200
Hi all iSoholics  (hope I'm not totally alone    ;-)

I finally found (after six years!) a fellow Swede who also use the Olympus
iS-3000. This is his second iS-3000 and on both he have had problem with
vinjetting in the 35 mm position. On the last camera he had Oly Sweden replacing
the zoom package. The vinjetting is most obvious at the largest aperture, and it
appears as dark corners in the images. With print film it is not so obvious
since
the diaframe "masks" it a bit. I have not seen this in my own camera. Have any
of
you iS-3 users in the list had this problem? He also told me that he had problem
to get the first camera to work in temperatures below +5º C. The problem I've
had
myself is limited to temporary malfunction in very humid weather. TIA for
sharing
any of your own experiences in these matters.

As the obligatory OM content I can tell that we both are OM users as well (I
myself have an OM-2SP and he has an OM-4).

Per (using the best of two worlds) Nordenberg
Zoo keeper at Kolmården

--
"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror,
murder, bloodshed - they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the

    - Orson Welles